Saturday, November 10, 2012

Jacksons birth story

Its been a whole month since I've had Jackson, I cant believe its been that long. I better write about his birth before I forget everything. Pictures will have to come later. Before I write about the birth I want to write about my pregnancy so I can remember it too.

 This pregnancy was so much harder this time around. I thought it would be a piece of cake since I weighed a lot less and was exercising everyday. It was nice that I only gained 30 vs. 40 with Lyla but I was much more sick this time around. I was sick day and night and I also got constipated sooooo bad that Troy had to give me two enemas hahaha ( tmi??) I also hurt my back so bad that I could not move for weeks and had to go to the ER and my mom came and helped take care of Lyla. We also had to hire a nanny after she left, it was pretty brutal and for a while there I thought I was going to need surgery again but thankfully I recovered. Also with this pregnancy my body hurt a lot more and I was way more tired. Also it always felt as if I was much bigger than I really was, it was hard to breathe even when I was only 6 months along. All through this I still kept going to the gym everyday. At 35 weeks the most horrible thing happened.....I got kidney stones. Let me tell you that is the most horrific pain ever!!!!! luckily the doctor Troy was working with let him come home early. While he was driving the hour drive to get home Terri came over to take me to my ob/gyn first. My dr. had Troy take me to the hospital to get me some pain medicine, I was is sooo much pain that I was throwing up. Finally after they hooked me up to my IV, which seemed like an eternity, they gave me the best medicine ever. First it burned in my chest and then I felt soooo good! No more pain and it made me feel so relaxed that I wanted to sleep. The stuff they gave me was 4x stronger than morphine! I was in the hospital for 3 days and I still hadn't past my kidney stone. They were giving me so much medicine which obviously not good for the baby. They were thinking of maybe taking me into surgery but they wanted to try at all cost not to do that since I would have to be put under which means baby would be put under. After 3 days they sent me home with some percocet since my pain was now only coming and going. When the pain would come on I was so wishing I was hooked up to that IV again. This lasted for 2 whole weeks with the pain coming and going and my doctor was considering inducing me at 37 weeks so that I could get relief and have surgery. That didn't end up happening because the kidney stone must have passed at sometime and I havent had any pain since! So being prego and having kidney stones has got to be the WORST thing ever!

After all of that my body was just so done being prego and the last few weeks were pretty horrible. I was in so much pain especially my crotch, I could hardly walk! So at my 38 week appt with the dr. I asked if I could be induced. We scheduled the induction for the next week. I felt relieved and guilty all at the same time. I felt bad because there really was no need to get induced I just just wanted it for me, but I was just in so much pain I couldnt stand to be pregnant anymore. The dr said that since I was already 80% effaced and 2 cm dialated he would let me be induced. So Oct. 4th was the set date!

I totally got nervous and scared to give birth all over again. We had nothing ready at all which stressed me out but all i could do was lay around since I hurt so bad. The day before my induction I thought that I would take Lyla out one last time just me and her.... didnt go as planned.... I took her to Chick-fil-a for lunch and they have a little place for her to play. We ate our lunch and I watched her play for a bit, but then I had to go to the bathroom. I told her we needed to go to the restroom and as we were walking she decided to run away from me. She ran outside the restaurant and just took off as fast as she could, running towards all the cars that were in line to order food. Mind you, I could barely walk because my pubic bone hurt soooooooo bad and I had to RUN to get her. I all of a sudden felt a gush of something come out and I remember the very step when it happened because it hurt sooooooooo bad! I automatically thought my water just broke! I finally grabbed Lyla and I was just fuming. I had to pick her up and go to the bathroom while she was throwing a tantrum. I went to the bathroom and figured the gush had just pee, but luckily I was going to my ob/gyn that day so we could find out for sure. I was sooo mad that I was just trying to do something fun for Lyla and thats how it ended up. I was in so much pain the rest of the day. When I went to the dr. later that day they tested to see if it was my water that broke but it was just pee :)  the reason why I thought it was my water was because it didnt just trickle out when I ran, it was a full on gush that came out at once!

While I was at the dr. he stripped my membranes....not a pleasant thing at all especially when your dr. hands are the size of a giants! I was hoping by being stripped that I would go into labor on my own, but I didnt. I was supposed to be at the hospital at 7:30 am but of course someone called me at 5am to tell me that the beds were full and they would call me when they had a room. Such a let down I was so ready to get this thing started. So the day went on like a normal day and I was just waiting for that phone call. I kept sleeping to make the day go by faster. Then while I was sleeping I got the phone call about 1:30 pm letting me know I could come. I was so excited and so nervous!!!! I am one to get a little bit sad about change and knowing my life would totally change and knowing that I would no longer have just one child was hard for me. I felt bad for Lyla in a way that her life was going to change also. I just had so many mixed emotions during the last few weeks that led up to this day. I of course cried a lot about it. Anyways, I hurried and took a shower and had Troy's dad come over to watch Lyla. When we got to the hospital it took a while to check in and to get situated in our room. I finally was all ready and they started me on pitocin just after 4:00 pm and I was dialted to 3.5. I then began to put my makeup on to look some what cute while giving birth :) When they checked me a couple hours later I was till at a 3.5. I knew the only way for me to progress fast was to get my epidural (thats how I was with Lyla) but I was beyond dreading to get it. I had the most awful experience last time, they had to poke me 5 times because they kept hitting my right nerve and it was soooo painful! I hesitated to get it but I knew I would be so happy once it was all done.

At almost 7pm I got the epidural and it still was not pleasant but much better than last time. The dr. came in at 7:30 to brake my water and I was dialated to a 7! (see how fast I go after my epidural?) A couple of minutes after they broke my water I told Troy that I felt a lot of pressure and to go get someone. He thought that was wierd because they had just checked me. The dr. came in to check me again and he looked suprised and said you are fully dialted so get ready to push! They hurried as fast as they could to get ready and I was just shocked! I started to push and within a few pushes Jackson was out. It happened so fast I could hardly process the whole thing. Jackson came out with big lips and everyone thought he had red hair! After he was all clean his hair did look a little strawberry blonde. It was the coolest thing ever to see my sweet baby boy, he was so cute and finally here. It's hard to really explain how you feel when you first hold your baby but for me and Troy we were just so happy and it could not have gone more smoothly. The only sad thing about going so fast was I wasnt able to have my sister there to take pictures and video tape it for us. She was beyond sad that she missed it too. Jackson right away started to search for my boob, I think it is so crazy how they automatically know what to do. He latched on great!

During everything Troy was texting melissa to let her know what was going on before Jackson came. These are the texts just to show just how fast things went:

7:31-- they broke her water
8:33--she's dialated to a 7 so you can head down here now
8:44-- having baby now!
Then at 8:48pm he was born!!

So there you have it, Jacksons birth story. Lots of pictures and more updates to come.

2 comments:

Jayne said...

great job, so glad you have written this all down, you will be so glad because unfortunately these wonderful times do get forgotten

wonderful day. I laughed about the "giant Hands of the dr."

Heather said...

I love birth stories and am glad that this sweet boy is here and you are feeling better. I need to come and see you both~